Re: [opensuse] Where's libXm.so.3?
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:44:21 -0800 (PST)

--- Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> * Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx> [02-14-07 16:25]:
> > How do I know where to get libXm.so.3 (I'm assuming that it's not
> in
> > the openmotif package after all?)
>
> pin reports libXm.so.3 exists in openmotif-devel and openmotif-libs
>
> I would use the x86_64 packages, not the i586 or -32bit packages.
> And
> they all exist on your installation dvd.

Thanks Patrick. I don't understand what happened with my 10.2 install.
I always just select everything (disk space not being an issue any
more) but it seems that this time a whole bunch of stuff didn't make
it. This is not the first time I've had stuff missing that turned out
to be on the DVD.

Also, pin is new to me. I'll go read the manual page for it...

Cheers,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz