Re: [opensuse] OpenSuse 10.2 can not install
  • From: Jose <jose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:05:34 -0500
Sunny wrote:
On 2/14/07, Danesh Daroui wrote:

Yes I have. I am sure it first checks the CD ROM.

Did you compare the md5sum for the downloaded image? Maybe the image
itself was corrupted.

Also. I have seen such a problem with some (older) laptops - for some
reason they will not boot from a DVD but will happily boot from a CD.
Also, check the media itself, it may be bad as well.

Adding up to this, I had the same problem a few days ago, problem was the reader on the unit couldn't read at the speed I burned the DVD, maximum was speed 8 as it's an older dvd reader and the dvd was burned at speed 16.