[opensuse] plotting ab results
  • From: Martin Mielke <m_mlk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 04:25:28 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

maybe this is a little bit OT... anyway maybe someone here has already experienced with this before and can point me to the right source...

Please, read this first:
----
ab is a tool for benchmarking your Apache Hypertext
Transfer Protocol (HTTP) server. It is designed to give you an impression
of how your current Apache installation performs. This especially shows
you how many requests per second your Apache installation is capable of
serving.
----

so, I'm using this one to generate CSV values.

Now some big boss wants statistics and graphs to be plotted and generate reports with a reasonable quality.

From the ab --help:
----
-g gnuplot-fileWrite all measured values out as a 'gnuplot' or TSV (Tab separate
values) file. This file can easily be imported into packages like Gnuplot,
IDL, Mathematica, Igor or even Excel. The labels are on the first line of
the file.----

Before attempting any implementation with gnuplot, I'd like to know if you know of a good graphing & reporting tool that can be feeded with those CSV files...

TIA,
Martin