Re: [opensuse] nanorc
  • From: Russell Jones <russell.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:24:22 +0000
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx> [02-13-07 16:09]:
I wrote my own .nanorc, but it not reading it. Where can I tell it to
read it. I see that in man file something about SYSCONFDIR/nanorc,
where is that file?

after looking closer, I believe that "/usr/share/nano/nanorc.nanorc" is
what you are looking for.
I'm not so sure: I think he wants a per user rather than all-system config file. What does strace say...?
Under Debian, (sorry, no SuSE here ATM) nano looks for
/etc/nanorc and $HOME/.nanorc (and $HOME/.nano_history)

Did you create the file in your home directory (you can get to it with " cd ~ ")? Who owns it and what are the permissions? (" ls -l ~/.nanorc ")

Russell Jones