Re: [opensuse] Remote desktop on 10.2
  • From: Wade Jones <wjones@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:43:02 -0600
On 2/13/07, Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I use it all the time to go through VPN into my Windows XP and Windows
> 2003 workstations.
>
> Just use rdp://username@computername to connect. Because I'm not on the
> DNS for my LAN when going through VPN, I use rdp://username@IP_Address to
> connect.

Another benefit of rdesktop is its ability to screen scale. just use the -g
switch when starting from the command line and you can create a custom sized
window. For example, if my screen resolution is 1024x768, I would run
rdesktop at something like 912x684. This provides a better desktop geometry
than 800x600, yet does not require scrolling as 1024x768 would.