Re: [opensuse] Remote desktop on 10.2
  • From: Dan <dan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:14:17 -0600
Clint Tinsley wrote:
Has anyone got this working? I'm trying to remote in using windows/tighvnc client and I cannot get it working. I have gone into sax2 and enabled remote management but it will not connect. Is there somewhere else I need to enable something to make it work? I have a server at work running suse enterprise server and it works fine on there.

This is probably a known bug (I have reported it and I am now getting emails that they are working on the problem). You probably only installed gnome. To get this to work, you need to have the KDE desktop manager installed/active instead of the gnome desktop manager. After installing KDE, even if you don't use it, then you have to make it the login/desktop manager.

Clint

Thank you Clint. Yes I only have gnome installed so this makes sense. I will try installing the kde manager.

And for everyone else that took the time to reply to my post, thanks, but I don't even have my firewall enabled.

Dan.