Re: [opensuse] Remote desktop on 10.2
  • From: "Clint Tinsley" <clintin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:20:04 -0700
> Has anyone got this working? I'm trying to remote in using
> windows/tighvnc client and I cannot get it working. I have gone
> into sax2 and enabled remote management but it will not connect.
> Is there somewhere else I need to enable something to make it work?
> I have a server at work running suse enterprise server and it
> works fine on there.

This is probably a known bug (I have reported it and I am now getting emails that they are working on the problem). You probably only installed gnome. To get this to work, you need to have the KDE desktop manager installed/active instead of the gnome desktop manager. After installing KDE, even if you don't use it, then you have to make it the login/desktop manager.

Clint