Re: [opensuse] Re: 10.2 is turning into a nightmare - ps
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:08:15 -0800
On Monday 12 February 2007 10:56, Clayton wrote:
> > Another nice item instead of using the kill command from the CLI is to
> > do cntrl +alt +esc. This results in the cursor changing to a skull and
> > crossbones, at least in KDE, then you can just click on the app and kill
> > it if it is not responding.
>
> Do you know how many times I do that on my XP computer at work? And
> then curse and swear when it doesn't work. :-)

Heh, just did that not one minute ago!

I tried to register an - apparently - invalid SQL server in Enterprise Manager
and was stuck at the "Select Authentication Mode" screen of the "Register SQL
Server Wizard." I couldn't right-click the shortcut icon in the kicker panel
and CTRL-ALT-ESC didn't do anything for me. :P

--
kai

Free Compean and Ramos
http://www.perfectreign.com/?q=node/46