Re: [opensuse] Re: 10.2 is turning into a nightmare - ps
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:21:14 +0100
ok, for install I had three reboots, then for OpenOffice, Gimp,
wireshark, cygwin and anthing else. I cannot recall any one reboot.

OK, fine, but you're using opensource apps.. try some commercial apps.
They LOVE rebooting after an install.

So we are lucky to boot only once per day, we Linux users, aren't we?

I boot my Linux computer... ummm.. I forget... when I install a new
version, and once it's working (ie video drivers updated/installed) I
can go months without restarting. My Linux computer runs 24x7. Teh
windows machines i use usually can't go a full week without needing a
restart for some silly reason or another.