[opensuse] Re: 10.2 is turning into a nightmare - ps
  • From: Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:10:27 +0100
jdd wrote:
Eberhard Roloff wrote:

For sure windows needs more reboots than linux does, but does this qualify as a quality grade for an OS? I have my doubts...

this become quite OT... but if you are in the way of compiling a video film (6 hours work) and you want to install an utility that need reboot, you do what?

jdd

Well,

although it is OT, I would probably save my work to disk, install the utility, reboot, reload my work and continue with my freshly installed utility. Admitteldly I never compiled a video, never do any work without regularly saving the status to disk, and never do system administration while I have valuable things that I do not want to destroy in front of me ;-))

Now,
if you worked in X, then did some work on the text terminal (ctrl-alt-F2), then you returned and found your X to be so garbled that you cannot see anything, not to mention saving your valuable work, you do what?
This happened to me.

kind regards+back2work
Eberhard