Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare - ps
  • From: DElyMyth <delymyth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:17:30 +0100
On 2/12/07, Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1) Pull out wallet
2) Pay the price
3) Put up with the problems
4) Reboot, reboot, reboot ad nauseum

First of all, I use all OSs, Windows (parents' PC's and some virtual
machines), openSuSE (10.1 and 10.2), fedora (core 6) and own three
macs.

My macs never had problems and my laptop has almost one month uptime,
so I can agree with point 1 and 2 (but you can live without buying
software and sticking with free programs on macs too, take a look at
versiontracker.com), and definitely *not* with points 3 and 4.

Moreover, I had serious problems with openSuSE 10.2 and some 10.1
installations, and rebooting *twice* during the installation procedure
reminds me the "old windows days", not to speak about the new Kde menu
in openSuSE 10.2, which is a real nightmare to use.

--
=> Don't Let Your Fears Stand in The Way of Your Dreams !!! <=
=> http://www.delymyth.net/ ~ http://wiki.delymyth.net/ <=