Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare - ps
  • From: Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 01:01:55 -0500
On Sunday 11 February 2007 11:34, Charles R. Buchanan wrote:
,<snip>.........

> Let's see, let's do an experiment shall we?
>
> here is part of one of my replies
>
> =================================
>
> (^_^) Yes it would, someone suggested a nice simple how-to to fix the
> mbr (^_^)from the rescue console. That would be nice. However I
> think your (^_^)mining along the vein of writing to the MBR is
> probably fruitful. So if (^_^)I could ask a question of the OP, did
> you have grub write to the MBR (^_^)since you restored your XP? The
> system booting directly into XP would (^_^)seem to indicate that you
> didn't.
> (^_^)
> (^_^) Carl - What do you think of the idea of having the XP
> bootloader (^_^)handle booting instead of Grub? There are reasonably
> simple (^_^)instructions for editing the required files in XP as well
> as how to get (^_^)file(s) he will need to copy over to his XP root
> partition. (^_^)
> (^_^) Mike
>
> =================================
>
> Here's part of another reply using the "normal" way:

> =========================
>
> Same amount of area being taken up. Seen way worst ones about. I don't
> know, maybe it is JUST me, but I'm usualy reading what someone says
> instead of what's sitting on the left margin! :-D

Charles,

This is offered in a friendly educational way. Yes, in your example they
do take up the same amount of space, but that is not the issue.

First, see what happens to the text in "your way" quoting method. It will
wrap.

Second, I don't know if you realize this or not. The first quote
character ">" designates the last quote to the message. The ">>"
designates the quote previous to that and to which ">" is responding.
The same holds true for ">>>>", ">>>" and so forth. Each set of
descending quotes pertaining to the previous advice or question. It is
easy to understand who said what with that system. And it is all done
automatically by the mailer. Just thought I would point that out to you
in case you didn't know.

Just trying to be helpful.

Bob S.

PS, stick around. We kind of get used to the different personalities on
this list, and they are varied, as you will find out.