Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare - ps
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:42:15 -0800
On Sunday 11 February 2007 16:30, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Sunday 11 February 2007 19:21, Charles R. Buchanan wrote:
> > >Linux is: Freedom, of choice, from gates & windows, from
> > >illegal monopolies.
> >
> > So would that mean that users of Windows/Macs, etc... are "free" to
> > choose what they want to run as well?  Or are they mind numbed
> > robots?
>
> Sure they can pick what they want.
>
> 1) Pull out wallet
> 2) Pay the price
> 3) Put up with the problems

I surely put up with more problems on my Linux boxes than I do with my
Mac. And no one I'm aware of is giving away systems capable of serving
as Linux desktop or server systems. Nor, in fact, is there any totally
cost-free way of acquiring a Linux distribution.

> 4) Reboot, reboot, reboot ad nauseum

Bullshit. Macs are very reliable, stable and predictable and do better
than Linux in certain application areas, such as graphics, publishing
and media. True, the best-of-breed applications in some of these areas
are far from cheap, but then, the best-of-breed applications are really
only needed by professionals and serious students in professional
fields

I would not want to surrender either Linux or the Mac. Windows can go to
hell, of course.

RRS