Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare
  • From: J Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:13:28 -0800

Bryan S. Tyson wrote:
> On Sunday 11 February 2007 16:46, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
>> While I was waiting for the "new" install of 10.2 to set up the Yast
>> update sources I watched an episode and a half of American Hotrod.
>> That's about an hour and a half. Well, actually an hour and forty-five
>> minutes. And that's just the "stock" sources.
>
> Why would suse be released like this? Why don't they fix it?

10.2 works quite nicely for the majority of users here, but you can't please
everyone - or every environment...

I've got 10.2 on 6 different machines here, 3 servers, a desktop and 2
laptops, all of them working nicely, and only one problematic one: one laptop,
a new hp DV600 with intel graphics which doesn't want to do more than 1024x768
with opengl enabled. The other laptop with nvidia graphics works perfectly.
The servers have been great - all systems here are running better than any
previous release of linux I've tried.

Joe