Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 03:18:01 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2007-02-11 at 12:08 -0600, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:

> On 02/11/2007 Anders Johansson wrote:

> > But above all, *why* are you updating the kernel. It's something you
> > should only do when it's absolutely necessary (I know there are people
> > on this list who would tell you otherwise - please don't listen to
> > them. They are experienced enough to fix things when they go wrong,
> > and when you play with kernels, things often go wrong)
>
> IMHO, it was necessary. It cured some issues I was having. Some that had
> no other solution.
>
> I believe there were some others on the list that were having problems
> that the newer kernel also solved. That is where I got the repo address
> from, the list, in a post to someone else. After reading the messages I
> decided to try it myself. AND it worked.

Nevertheless, that might be the cause of the conflict problems you are
getting.

I think you should have installed that kernel manually without activating
that source. Or use it to install that single package, then remove the
factory source.

You should check your system to see what other packages come from factory,
but I'm unsure now how to detect them.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.