Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 03:09:48 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2007-02-11 at 16:22 +0100, Clayton wrote:

> > eject button on the drive does nothing because SOMETHING has it locked.
> > I can't "unmount" the drive. I guess I'm going to have to resort to the
> > paper clip method to open the drive tray.
>
> You can unmount the drive... use the "lazy" method. Take a look at
> the man page for umount. There is a lazy option... umount -l should
> force it to unmount

:-o

Could you expand on that? I read the man, but I don't understand it fully:

-l Lazy unmount. Detach the filesystem from the filesystem
hierarchy now, and cleanup all references to the filesystem
as soon as it is not busy anymore. (Requires kernel
2.4.11 or later.)

For instance, suppose I lazy umount a dvd that is in use. Will I be able
to eject it inmediately? Or will it wait till whatever process that has it
finishes? Is that it?

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.