Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare - ps
On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:34:44 -0500
James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And then there are those like my friend. She used to play DVDs on her
> computer, but now finds she has to download some software to do so.

Yea! DVD playing - now there is an area where linux is worth all
the manual labor. I can put a DVD in my home theatre linux box,
run mplayer, and have it just play the dad-gum movie! No sitting
through endless FBI and Interpol warnings, no mandatory ads for
coming attractions, no waiting for interminable animated menus to
finally render the "play" button. Its wonderful! (And probably in
violation of 3,471,221 international copyright treaties :-).