Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare
  • From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:08:36 -0600
On 02/11/2007 Anders Johansson wrote:
> But above all, *why* are you updating the kernel. It's something you
> should
> only do when it's absolutely necessary (I know there are people on
> this list
> who would tell you otherwise - please don't listen to them. They are
> experienced enough to fix things when they go wrong, and when you
> play with
> kernels, things often go wrong)

IMHO, it was necessary. It cured some issues I was having. Some that had
no other solution.

I believe there were some others on the list that were having problems
that the newer kernel also solved. That is where I got the repo address
from, the list, in a post to someone else. After reading the messages I
decided to try it myself. AND it worked.

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh