Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare - ps
  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 08:34:43 -0800

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:15:58 +0000, David Rozzell <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> took time to say the following:

>On Sunday 11 February 2007 16:07, Charles R. Buchanan wrote:
>> Just for you I turned the initial off. Happy Now? I'm telling you,
>> people bitch about the silliest things for some reason! Geez!
>
>Good, because he's not the only one who finds it very annoying and it makes
>scanning of list mails a PITA, 1 ">" is plenty
>
>David

Let's see, let's do an experiment shall we?

here is part of one of my replies

=================================

(^_^) Yes it would, someone suggested a nice simple how-to to fix the mbr
(^_^)from the rescue console. That would be nice. However I think your
(^_^)mining along the vein of writing to the MBR is probably fruitful. So if
(^_^)I could ask a question of the OP, did you have grub write to the MBR
(^_^)since you restored your XP? The system booting directly into XP would
(^_^)seem to indicate that you didn't.
(^_^)
(^_^) Carl - What do you think of the idea of having the XP bootloader
(^_^)handle booting instead of Grub? There are reasonably simple
(^_^)instructions for editing the required files in XP as well as how to get
(^_^)file(s) he will need to copy over to his XP root partition.
(^_^)
(^_^) Mike

=================================

Here's part of another reply using the "normal" way:

> > > solution, 6/7 people perhaps give up, only 1/7 will post something like
> > > me. Well perhaps only a very few percent will have a true hacker's
> > > spirit and hack down a solution when questions on forum/lists doesn't
> > > get a solution.

Same amount of area being taken up. Seen way worst ones about. I don't
know, maybe it is JUST me, but I'm usualy reading what someone says
instead of what's sitting on the left margin! :-D

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
-Will Rogers