Re: [opensuse] 10.2 is turning into a nightmare
  • From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:07:32 -0600
Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Sunday 11 February 2007 15:11, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
>> As far as I know I only use four apps that require Gnome. Firefox,
>> Thunderbird, Gftp and Gramps. Well, maybe five if you include Sunbird.
>> NOW I can't even update my KDE stuff without getting into LONG strings
>> of Gnome conflicts.
>
> Exactly what do you mean by "update my KDE stuff"? Are you installing KDE
> updates from the build service?
>
> If you are, you should be aware that those are bleeding edge experimental
> packages, and hardly something you should mess with if you just want your
> computer to work. Those packages are for people who like to play around with
> their installs, and aren't afraid of breaking things in the process

Just "update" through the normal SuSE oss/nonoss repos, packman, guru,
etc. You know, you open Yast and go to Software management [ go watch a
movie ] and, lets say for some reason you don't have Samba installed so
you search for "samba" and a long list appears in the right window. Some
are blue and some are black,[ and possibly red once in a while ]. The
blue ones have a newer version available so you decide to go ahead and
update them. Next thing you know your wading through about four hundred
Gnome conflicts that wants to uninstall everything from the kernel to
k3b. THEN it tells you that there is no installable source for this or
that package that it said there was an update to.

AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh