Re: [opensuse] autoyast ... can the xml file be used with just a simple dvd install?
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 06:52:01 -0600
On 2/6/07, Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2/5/07, Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yes, control file is the XML file generated by AutoYaST or by the
> > cloning at the end of the installation.

I found the final, what appears to be definitive statement buried in
the doc link that Stanislov sent:

7.3.2. Auto-installing a Single System

The easiest way to auto-install a system without any network
connection is by using the standard CD-ROMs that come in the SuSE
Linux box. Using the CD-ROMs in combination with a floppy disk lets
you getting started with AutoYaST very fast and without spending much
time configuring installation server and network environments.

Create the control file and name it autoinst.xml. Copy the file
autoinst.xml to a floppy by either mounting the floppy or by using the
mtools.

mcopy autoinst.xml a:

Here is the link:

http://www.suse.de/~ug/autoyast_doc/index.html