Re: [opensuse] LILO/Grub Problem
  • From: Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 01:50:49 -0500
On Wednesday 07 February 2007 00:11, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
> On 2007-02-06 22:55, Bob S wrote:
> <snip>
>
> All the grub errors are in the grub info files, in the "troubleshooting"
> section for stage 2. Make sure you have the "info" package installed,
> then run "info grub". Basically, the error means all the syntax for
> disk/partition info is correct, but a file cannot be found. Did the
> error message specify which file it could not find?

No, did not specify the file. And the grub info file is installed. Could not
bring up the troubleshooting section though. Probably because I have never
dealt with grub before.
> > <snip>
.........<more snip>.....................

> Boot to 10.2, then mount /dev/hdb1, and check for the presence of the
> correct kernel and initrd files. One or both of them is not present for
> error 15 to occur.

Did that. Both the vmlinuz and the initrd files are present in the /boot file
of hdb1. That is where they should be, right???

> You should not even have to specify the exact versions of the files.
> There should be symlinks, kernel and initrd respectively, pointing to
> the current files.

Yeah, I know, and they are there. But I am getting so frustrated that I am
trying to leave nothing to chance.

Stick with me, everybody, please.

Bob S.