Re: [opensuse] LILO/Grub Problem
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:23:51 -0500
On Tuesday 06 February 2007 06:17, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> > I am
> > pointing out/reminding you that it is the only iteration that produces
> > 10.0 in the boot menu. (but then fails with the grub error 19 message)
>
> OK the only way for it to not show up as a choice is for there to be a
> problem with your menu.lst file (which I asked you to post).
> Alternatively, does it show up as a choice in Yast, System< Bootloader?
> If so, go ahead and try to edit it there, making sure it has the lines
> as shown above.   The first commented out line is not necessary.  If
> Yast sees it and it looks good there but still does not show up in the
> grub menu, then please post your menu.lst file.

Just a thought here.... Since it didn't show up, it makes me think he's
adding it to the wrong menu.lst file. He has 10.0 and 10.2 each with
their own /boot/grub/menu.lst I would assume. Perhaps he's dealing with
the wrong one?

Since he installed 10.2, I would assume that the MBR is pointing to the
10.2 /boot/grub

I've never heard of a menu item not showing up without some error being shown.