Re: [opensuse] Novell Please make Bugzilla for OpenSuse really Open.
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:25:24 +0000
John Andersen wrote:
> [...]

I agree with this suggestion and also with Darryl's additional reason in
a separate message, so would like to understand how to make progress.
The discussion at the moment does not seem to be going anywhere.

Juergen Weigert wrote:
> First step firt, please.
> There is no need to suggest solutions as long as Novell management
> does not know there is a problem.

Do you mean that Novell management need to be informed of (a) a
performance problem with bugzilla or (b) the lack of indexing of
bugzilla ? Should Suse employees inform Novell management or should
general Suse users? What channels should be used to make such
report/request?

Is Novell actually likely to do anything? If they do not, is there an
alternative strategy of forking the bugzilla and running an open version
for opensuse?

Having a bugzilla for a supposedly open project organized in such a way
that users and potential contributors cannot see some bugs seems to me
to be a serious and fundamental flaw in an open project!

Cheers, Dave