Re: [opensuse] LILO/Grub Problem
  • From: Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 02:04:58 -0500
On Monday 05 February 2007 18:40, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> Bob S wrote:
> > OK Joe, Following:
> >------------------ # Modified by YaST2. Last modification on Thu Feb 1
> > 22:04:23 EST 2007 default 4
>
> BTW, I would reset this back to 0 til 10.0 is booting OK. Just less
> work for you.

Yes, OK. But at this point I am not concerned about the work. Just want 10.0
to show up and boot.
> > <snip>
>
> Rest looked good.
>
> > ### Added 10.0 Boot ###
> > title openSUSE 10.0
> > root (hd1,0)
> > kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb1 vga=0x31a resume=/dev/hdb2
> > splash=silent showopts
> > initrd /boot/initrd

Was wrapped in your reply to me. I assure you it is not wrapped in Menu.1st.
May look good, but does not work. 10.0 does not show up in the boot menu with
that statement.
>> The following was that which
> > brought up 10.0 in the boot menu. (But also produced the kernel initrd
> > error 19 ) when executed.
>
> Are you saying the above (hoping the wrapping is the email programs and
> not in your file, i.e. you have 5 lines there, one commented, next title
> next 3 indented, starting with root, then kernel, then initrd.

Again, I assure you that the wrapping is from the email. The menu.1st file is
formatted properly. And what was it you were going to ask?

> > ### Added 10.0 Boot ###
> > title openSUSE 10.0
> > root (hd1,2)
> > kernel (hd1,0)/vmlinuz-2.6-15.13-default root=/dev/hdb3 vga=0x31a
> > resume=/dev/hdb2 splash=silent showopts
> > initrd (hd1,0)/initrd
>
> This one should be deleted. This was before I saw your fstab and
> lilo.conf.

OK, It has already been removed from Menu.1st, back 3 or 4 emails ago.. I am
pointing out/reminding you that it is the only iteration that produces 10.0
in the boot menu. (but then fails with the grub error 19 message)

Bob S