Re: [opensuse] LILO/Grub Problem
  • From: Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 01:38:22 -0500
On Monday 05 February 2007 18:03, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
> On 2007-02-05 16:51, Bob S wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > ### Added 10.0 Boot ###
> > title openSUSE 10.0
> > root (hd1,0)
> > kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb1 vga=0x31a resume=/dev/hdb2
> > splash=silent showopts
> > initrd /boot/initrd
>
> This is correct as per your /etc/fstab for 10.0 (from your message of
> Sunday, 0145 EST.)

Hi Darryl, Stick with Joe and I on this. Glad you are following this. The more
input and ideas, the better. OK, may be correct but is not bringing up the
menu with 10.0 on it. Thus I cannot boot 10,0 (BTW the wrapping is from the
email. I assure you that the lines are displayed properly in menu.1st)

>> The following was that which
> > brought up 10.0 in the boot menu. (But also produced the kernel initrd
> > error 19 ) when executed.
>
> Are you sure it was a kernel error, or was it a grub error? (Grub error
> 19 results when the kernel is not loaded prior to attempting to load
> initrd.)

No, it was a grub error. It did state that the kernel is not loaded prior to
attempting to load initrd.

> > ### Added 10.0 Boot ###
> > title openSUSE 10.0
> > root (hd1,2)
> > kernel (hd1,0)/vmlinuz-2.6-15.13-default root=/dev/hdb3 vga=0x31a
> > resume=/dev/hdb2 splash=silent showopts
> > initrd (hd1,0)/initrd
>
> This is certainly wrong. For 10.0, your root partition is /dev/hdb1 ==
> (hd1,0), and there is no separate /boot partition.

Well yes, you are probably correct. I was only pointing out to Joe that that
was the only iteration that showed 10.0 in the boot menu. (also line wrapped
in the email)

Stick with us. I have to be able to mount 10.0

Bob S.