Re: [opensuse] autoyast ... can the xml file be used with just a simple dvd install?
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 08:52:20 -0600
On 2/5/07, Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.suse.de/~ug/

You can specify a kernel boot parameter at start up, autoyast=<URL>

Or grab YaST CD creator, that is capable to put the profile on a CD, including
a boot menu entry:
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/oss/suse/noarch/yast2-cd-creator-2.14.0-20.noarch.rpm

I have not been able to look at this since last week ... but I did
read through the manual, and it seemed as though perhaps the boot
parameter option would work, but I thought it said that the
autoyast=url was to specify the "control file", which I think is
different from the autoyast.xml that is created at install time?

Are you saying that I can put the autoyast.xml on a floppy, then boot
the system from the dvd, and in the boot parameters put autoyast=(url
to floppydrive/filename) and it will work?

If so, THANK YOU! and ... why can't it ever just say that, in the
documentation? Gees!

:-)