Re: [opensuse] autoyast ... can the xml file be used with just a simple dvd install?
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:58:26 +0100
Dňa Pi 2. Február 2007 05:59 Peter Van Lone napísal:
> I've looked over the basics of autoyast ...and it seems as though for
> a "one off" situation (a single, or only a few, repeated
> installations) that it is over-kill.
>
> However, I see that at the end of an install, you can select to have
> the autoyast xml file created.
>
> Can I just save that file, and then, when starting a new install,
> somehow reference it so that the install proceeds from the DVD without
> needing my intervention? I don't see this mentioned anywhere, but it
> seems like it would be a "no brainer".

http://www.suse.de/~ug/

You can specify a kernel boot parameter at start up, autoyast=<URL>

Or grab YaST CD creator, that is capable to put the profile on a CD, including
a boot menu entry:
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/oss/suse/noarch/yast2-cd-creator-2.14.0-20.noarch.rpm

Stano