Re: [opensuse] Re: Hi
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 01:53:24 -0600
On Saturday 03 February 2007 09:44, Chuck Davis wrote:

> Bottom posting may have had a place in the 80's and 90's but I doubt
> it and, additionally, those days are over.

Chuck,

what is wrong to have chronologically sorted quotes, when they are necessary.
allowing comments inserted in original post. That style saves time to create
answer on one article where is often need to give comments on line by line
basis, like:
- comments on output of a command that contains multiple lines,
- comments on some configuration file,
- comments on few tests performed to troubleshoot the problem, etc.

That kind of communication is often the case here.

Need for this style is amplified with a fact that we often live in different
time zones, so giving one option, than wait for the answer to give another,
will be waste of time and discussion will stretch over days. We are trying to
go around this, by offering more options at once.

Other lists can have different operating conditions, so they can apply
different criteria for posting style.

That was the same in 80's as it is now.

--
Regards, Rajko.