Re: [opensuse] Unfound USB
  • From: Mathias Homann <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 00:17:06 +0100
Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2007 schrieb Fred A. Miller:

> The biggest problem is that even though all USB ports were working
> (under XP), they DON'T with SUSE!! The printer that has to work
> with this box is USB and can't be seen. I've tried a number of
> "thumb RAM" and none are seen. They "light up" so I know there's
> connectivity but Linux isn't seeing them. This probably isn't
> enough data, but it's all I have without being on that box. 'First
> time I've had a box refuse to see USB.

I had the same problem with a dell optiplex at work, running 10.2
64bit on a dualcore pentium d.

I had "CPUFREQ=0" appended to the kernel params to get rid of the
messages saying cpu scaling not supported.

Found that i could enable cpu clock scaling in the bios, which led to
working cpu throttling, AND to working USB ports!! Now, I dunno if
the solution works for you... and especially, i do not know the
connection between being able to throttle the cpu clock, and being
able to use usb... but it helped in my case. YMMV.

bye,
MH

--
gpg key fingerprint: 5F64 4C92 9B77 DE37 D184 C5F9 B013 44E7 27BD
763C