Re: [opensuse] Memory Stick Mounting
  • From: ka1ifq <ka1ifq@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 15:46:01 -0500
On Saturday 03 February 2007 13:51, Aveek Bhattacharya wrote:

> This is a little long, I ask for your patience and forgiveness!
>
> Are you sure the device has not been discovered by the kernel? The HAL
> mount may be the one taking time.
>
> Try this:
> Run 'tail -f /var/log/messages' (in a shell), then insert your memory
> stick. See how long before it shows up in the log (which will be
> constantly updated on the screen).

I did this, I did not get anything logged in 'messages', I wonder if your log
level is set different?

I started with a reboot just in case something was funky. I started the tail
-f, plugged in the mem stick.

While I was reading email I saw the window pop up with the mem stick
contents, but nothing in the log file, closed the 'tail' and reopened it,
nothing listed since jan 19th.

Mike