[opensuse] Re: autoyast ... can the xml file be used with just a simple dvd install?
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 13:08:37 -0600
On 2/1/07, Peter Van Lone <petervl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've looked over the basics of autoyast ...and it seems as though for
a "one off" situation (a single, or only a few, repeated
installations) that it is over-kill.

However, I see that at the end of an install, you can select to have
the autoyast xml file created.

Can I just save that file, and then, when starting a new install,
somehow reference it so that the install proceeds from the DVD without
needing my intervention? I don't see this mentioned anywhere, but it
seems like it would be a "no brainer".

so, does the lack of response to this indicate that it simply can't be
done? All I want is functionality similar to an "unattend.txt" to
automate a windows install. Or, like a Hed Hat "kickstart".

peter