Re: [opensuse] Memory Stick Mounting
  • From: Robert Lewis <rll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 09:26:29 -0800
ka1ifq wrote:
> On Saturday 03 February 2007 07:10, Rajko M. wrote:
>
>> This is how I would check which USB protocol is used USB 1.1 or USB 2.0,
>>
>> Insert memory stick.
>> Select KInfoCenter from Main Menu -- System -- Monitor.
>> You will see USB Devices in left panel, click on it and the bigger right
>> panel will show the list of devices.
>> Find your memory stick, click on it and see what kind of version of USB
>> interface is listed and max speed for it.
>> --
>> Regards, Rajko.
>>

> Here is what I got, but this time I left it there while shoveling snow and it
> did not get recognized, I did a reboot and it was found then.
>
> The memory stick is usb 2.0 and the interface is usb 1.1.
>
> The speed is not a real problem, how long it takes to be seen is what I am
> looking at, and sometimes it is not seen except at a reboot.
>
> I am wondering if much has changed between 10.1 and 10.2 in this area, or is
> it just my old computer.
>
> TD Classic 003C
>
> Manufacturer: Memorex
> Serial #: 0C50B360C0A0CA70
>

> Class 0
> ((Defined at Interface level))
> Subclass 0
> Protocol 0
> USB Version 2.00
>
> Vendor ID
> 0x8ec
> (M-Systems Flash Disk Pioneers)
> Product ID
> 0x16
> Revision
> 0.00
>
> Speed
> 12 Mbit/s
> Channels
> 0
> Max. Packet Size
> 64

I have had what I thought was intermittent recognition issues for these
devices.
In my case, it turned out to be when I used my USB hub (external) that
it would
fail in contrast to using the USB port tied directly to the computer. I
finally tried
powering the external USB HUB and it now works every time.