Re: [opensuse] Switching keyboard layouts
  • From: Sergey Mkrtchyan <crusoe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 16:31:04 +0400
Mark Goldstein wrote:
My current version is 10.2 but it was the same in 10.0. This is a line
from InputDevice section of xorg.conf:

Option "XkbOptions" "grp:rwin_toggle,grp:lwin_toggle,grp_led:scroll"

(that is I want that both left and right window key will switch layout
and I want Scroll LED to indicate alternative layout"

I made it from SOX2, but in 10.0 you can safely do it manually (in
10.2 you'll need to re-calculate md5 checksum for xorg.conf if you
edit it manually).

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply, I've added the line in xorg.conf(/etc/X11, yes?), but it didn't help. I guess my windows keys are not recognized by the system, because when I tried manually to change Alt+Ctrl+K key sequence from Keyboard Shortcuts in Control Center to windows key, nothing happened when I hit it.

From Sax2, I've seen that my keyboard's model is recognized as "Generic pc104", if I recall correctly the part with "Generic". But my keyboard is not that. Maybe the problem is in that?

I liked the idea of Windows key, but since that doesn't work, what that line should be to use Alt+Shift?

Thanks again for help.

Sergey
--
Sergey Mkrtchyan,