Re: [opensuse] mounting anomaly
  • From: Kenneth Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 07:29:02 -0500
On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 01:11 -0500, Carl Hartung wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> For those of you who recall my router and 10.0 system being hacked into some
> time ago (root logins enabled via ssh; weak passwords all around,) which I
> repaired by installing 10.2 from scratch then emptying out what was '/' for
> 10.0... emptied as in erased, not formatted... well... I'm finally able to
> recover that disk space and put it back into service. One problem, though: it
> won't mount normally... keeps turning the mount point directory green in my
> shell. See http://www.cehartung.com/images/green-mnt-pt.png
>
> Then there's the output from reiserfsck... note "Directories 3"... when
> there's nothing (visible) there.
>
> reiserfsck --check started at Fri Feb 2 08:32:30 2007
> ###########
> Replaying journal..
> Reiserfs journal '/dev/hdb7' in blocks [18..8211]: 0 transactions replayed
> Checking internal tree..finished
> Comparing bitmaps..finished
> Checking Semantic tree:
> finished
> No corruptions found
> There are on the filesystem:
> Leaves 1
> Internal nodes 0
> *** Directories 3 *** (emphasis added)
> Other files 0
> Data block pointers 0 (0 of them are zero)
> Safe links 0

Well, if this is supposed to now be empty why not just format the
partition (only rakes a few minutes) and end once and for all any
mystery that the partition may contain. I recall years ago that there
was a way to actually hide directories on HPUX, I wonder if someone
found a way to do that here. Perhaps the hackers created those
directories and therein lies some future problems.

--
Ken Schneider