Re: [opensuse] Memory Stick Mounting
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 06:10:28 -0600
> > is 10 seconds from inserting a memory stick to files listed fast enough?
> > - 10.2 on Atholn XP 2000.
> Well I have a P4 1.5g 512mb ram (max for this machine) with little running
> and it usually takes at least a minute or two before it shows up. I do see
> some disk access when I insert it.
>
> Mike

This is how I would check which USB protocol is used USB 1.1 or USB 2.0,

Insert memory stick.
Select KInfoCenter from Main Menu -- System -- Monitor.
You will see USB Devices in left panel, click on it and the bigger right panel
will show the list of devices.
Find your memory stick, click on it and see what kind of version of USB
interface is listed and max speed for it.

--
Regards, Rajko.
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal