Re: [opensuse] LILO/Grub Problem
  • From: Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:25:55 -0500
On Friday 02 February 2007 05:08, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
> Bob S wrote:
> > No good. I can boot Win98 and my new 10.2 but not my old 10.0.
>
> Not a big problem probably.
>
> > Not in the
> > menu.

Hi Joe, thanks for replying. Hope you can bail me out yet another time.

> Just mount your 10.0 boot directory (if on it own partition or if in /)
> so you can compare the 10.0 grub device map and menu.lst, and add the
> correct entry to the menu.lst in the 10.2 grub, where it already boots
> from and already has an entry for win98 and 10.2.

Well that is the problem. I can't mount 10.0. It is on a completely separate
hard drive. Even if I find out how to do that, I don't have a 10.0 grub
device map. I was using LILO to mount 10.0

> > Can't even boot it from the DVD.
>
> What do you mean here?

When I put the 10.0 DVD into the machine and boot the installed system it
boots 10.2 and I have not figured out how to mount 10.0 Figured I could use
Yast to fix it.

Think I could fix it from within 10.2 ?? Trouble is, I know absolutely
nothing about grub. Been using lilo all of these years.

Bob S