Re: [opensuse] Screensaver Wierdness
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:49:32 -0500
On Fri February 2 2007 3:34 pm, James Ogley scratched these words onto a
coconut shell, hoping for an answer:
> > The screensaver sometimes works and sometimes not, apparently at
> > random. I haven't seen any comments on this so I'm wondering if I'm
> > the only one with the problem. Is that the case or is it a known
> > reported bug? The screensaver is not a big deal but it is a useful
> > function. Any thoughts?
>
> Seems to be connected to long logins. I've actually never got around
> to reporting this so if you'd like to do the honours (and tell me the
> bug # off-list please) that would be great.
James,
Does autologin constitute a long login? It happens here when there is an
autologin as well as a reboot or whatever.. easy to start tho.. just
type /usr/bin/xscreensaver-demo and it pops up a thing that says the
daemon isn't running should I start it.. ( I know that isn't kde's
screensaver but it's easier to start than hunting down the kde daemon
every time.)

;)