Re: [opensuse] Battery life
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 12:47:31 +0100
May I say, to add to what have been said, than you can test temperature on diffenrent cases, this can show you where do savings.

for example my (old) laptop is at 50°C on text mode (init 3, no X running). Typing "startx" give after some minutes a temperature of 75°C, just doing nothing... (and in this case, no fan runs, fans starts just after that as soon as I begin to work

Not to say you can't use X :-), but fans also drain current. static (radiators, external fans) can gain time

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Votez pour nous, merci - vote for us, thanks :-)