Re: [opensuse] php5: dynamic extensions in php.ini?
  • From: Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:12:37 +0100
On Thursday 01 February 2007 14:28, Michal Marek wrote:
> Daniel Bauer wrote:
> > Hi :-)
> >
> > I finally upgraded from php4 to php5. When I compared my old php.ini to
> > the new one, I saw that the "dynamic extension" are not listed anymore in
> > the new one.
> >
> > Is it advisable to list the installed extensions there?
>
> No, each extension has it's own config in /etc/conf.d/*.ini

thanks. I found them in /etc/php5/conf.d
all modules are listed there.

> > Should I just add all modules that are listed in /usr/lib/php5/extensions
> > ? Oh, and, I thought, these files were named like "mysql.so" but all
> > files in that directory don't have any file name extension???
>
> Shouldn't be a problem (from 10.1 on, it's extension.so again).
>

> hth,
> Michal
>
> PS: You might perhaps be interested in the latest and greatest php5
> packages in the Build Service:
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/server:/php/SUSE_Linux_10.0/

thanks for the url. I guess it's the same as
ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/server:/php/SUSE_Linux_10.0/
mentioned by Cristian Rodriguez in his post.

Am I right, that the gwdg-URL is a mirror and that it's better to use a mirror
than the software.opensuse URL? Or does it make no difference in regard of
server load?

btw.: when updating to the above version I had to remove some modules that
caused conflicts because they are not available in the same version as the
rest (I guess I don't need these modules anyway).

btw.2: the update did not cause any problems at all. I just restarted apache2
and everything worked fine. I was just looking at the ini-files etc. to
better understand (and to change some default settings).

Daniel
Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch