Re: [opensuse] I give up!
  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:36:44 -0800

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 01:18:36 -0500, "Bryan S. Tyson" <bryantyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> took time to say the following:

(^_^)On Thursday 01 February 2007 21:57, Charles R. Buchanan wrote:
(^_^)> I had installed Mandriva and while it did install
(^_^)> (along with the bootloader) it didn't have a shutdown function that was
(^_^)> not readily available for newbies like me! :-) Even at the login screen,
(^_^)> you could only log in, you couldn't reboot or shutdown, although the
(^_^)> permissions were set to allow it.
(^_^)
(^_^)Charles,
(^_^)
(^_^)There is a menu icon you can click at the bottom of the Mandriva login screen
(^_^)to get these choices.
(^_^)
(^_^)Bryan

You know, I thought maybe there was a mapping problem or the icons
didn't install right, so I actually clicked all over the place and it
was a no go! :-(

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
-Will Rogers