[opensuse] LILO/Grub Problem
  • From: Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 23:39:14 -0500
Hello SUSE people.

Just installed 10.2 on a brand new hard drive. Installed just fine. Already
was booting to Win98 and SUSE 10.0, each on their own hard drives My 10.0 is
my normal everyday system and 10.2 was to be my experimenting/test bed.

I was using LILO to boot Win 98 and SuSE 10.0 on the MBR of hda. (the win98
drive) When I installed 10.2 I let it use Grub which also installed on hda,
thinking it would pick up 10.0 and if not I would be able to add it.

No good. I can boot Win98 and my new 10.2 but not my old 10.0. Not in the
menu. Can't even boot it from the DVD. Of course all of my tips and
procedures I have gleaned from this list are safely tucked away in 10.0 that
I can't get at.

Hope someone is kind enough to point me in the right direction so that I can
boot 10.0 again.

Bob S