Re: [opensuse] kaffeine crash on wmv in suse 10.2
  • From: Robert Lewis <rll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 09:57:26 -0800
J Sloan wrote:
> Robert Lewis wrote:
>
>> Michal Hlavac wrote:
>>
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> I installed suse 10.2 with latest updates with libxine libxineaa, kaffeine,
>>> win32codec from packman. But kaffeine always crash when I try to open wmv
>>> file.
>>>
>>> thanks, miso
>>>

>> Works perfect here.
>> kaffeine-mozilla-0.2-0.pm.1
>> kaffeine-0.8.3-0.pm.1
>> libxine1-1.1.4-0.pm.0
>>
>> I don't have libxineaa
>> win32codec doesn't seem to appear either although I remember installing it.
>>

> rpm -qa | grep w32
>
> comes up empty? did you install by hand from a tarball?
>
> Joe

Actually my point was that kaffeine works works fine for me with out any
win32codec as I just did a find and locate as well.

However, you forced me to do some further checking.
There is now such thing on packman that I can see as a
win32codec. However, what I do have installed from packman
is w32codec-all-20061022-0.pm.0