Re: [opensuse] php5: dynamic extensions in php.ini?
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:28:39 +0100
Daniel Bauer wrote:
> Hi :-)
>
> I finally upgraded from php4 to php5. When I compared my old php.ini to the
> new one, I saw that the "dynamic extension" are not listed anymore in the new
> one.
>
> Is it advisable to list the installed extensions there?

No, each extension has it's own config in /etc/conf.d/*.ini

> Should I just add all modules that are listed in /usr/lib/php5/extensions ?
> Oh, and, I thought, these files were named like "mysql.so" but all files in
> that directory don't have any file name extension???

Shouldn't be a problem (from 10.1 on, it's extension.so again).

hth,
Michal

PS: You might perhaps be interested in the latest and greatest php5
packages in the Build Service:
http://software.opensuse.org/download/server:/php/SUSE_Linux_10.0/