Re: [opensuse] ssh problem from remote LAN
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:25:00 -0500
On Tue January 30 2007 13:28, James D. Parra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Set up a SLES 10 server and although I can ssh to it from any box on the
> local LAN I can't get to it from a remote LAN even though I can ssh to any
> other box on the local LAN via ssh.
<snip>

Hi James,

After mulling your post over since yesterday, the thought occurred to me that
you might be troubleshooting the wrong device. Is it possible the router
connecting the local LAN to the Internet has previously been configured to
enable port-forwarding to the other clients?

regards,

Carl