Re: [opensuse] Suse 10.1 on hp dv8000 - sound issues, media slot issues
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:43:08 -0800
On Wednesday 31 January 2007 16:04, Michael Smith wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm running opensuse 10.1 on a HP Pavilion dv8000 notebook... Everything
> works pretty well except for one or two things. The sound doesn't have as
> full of a range as I would like, in fact it's pretty low. Any tips on
> this?

First thing you can try is to Yast > Hardware > Sound.

Click the other dropdown (which disguises itself as a button) and select
"Volume".

There you will be presented with a screen from which you can setup all sorts
of volume thingies, including microphone, output, PCM (whatever that is) and
even test it before finalizing everything.

> Also, the built in media slots (sd-ram, etc.) don't work... Any hints on
> getting these working?

My mom's system (Monarch desktop) has these, too. They just were enabled. You
can load a program for checking your USB to see if they're available. I have
it under Geeko > System > Monitor > USB Devices.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> 11:30 PM

Oh, there's your problem. You're using Windows. :P

--
kai

Free Compean and Ramos
http://www.perfectreign.com/?q=node/46