Re: [opensuse] device.map - Darryl/Carl/Boyd
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:18:59 -0600
On 2007-01-31 13:36, Carl Hartung wrote:
> <snip>
> the bootloader configuration module. That, and confirming the version numbers
> for his installed initrd and vmlinuz, are the only outstanding questions for
> this part of the puzzle.

Initrd? Vmlinuz? I never even looked at that. There should be symlinks,
/boot/initrd and /boot/vmlinuz, to the correct files. I must be asleep,
I just assumed those symlinks were used in the menu entries. (Of course,
trying to wind through 5 or 6 separate threads trying to find everything
didn't make for an easy search.)

--
Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo. -- HG Wells