Re: [opensuse] cron job email attachment.bin
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:10:09 +0000
Sandy Drobic wrote:
> I suspect that the programs you are calling have changed. Or are you
> using some kind of portable script that hasn't changed during upgrades?
> Another possibility is the data that is processed by the program has
> changed.

Well. I don't remember anything that has changed over the period when
the problem arose. But then again, some days I would forget my own head
... I suppose _something_ must have changed!

>> /usr/lib/cron/run-crons uses temporary files to cache the output from
>> the scripts that it runs. I've hacked it so it doesn't delete them
>> afterwards. Tomorrow morning, I should be able to see exactly what was
>> produced by the scripts before it gets mangled by the mail system.
>
> That would be very interesting to know. Please post your findings
> tomorrow. (^-^)

I messed up the hack (there was another rm command I didn't notice) so
we'll have to wait another day. Stay tuned.

Cheers, Dave