Re: [opensuse] Announcing LHCP - Linux Hardware Compatibility Project
  • From: Phil Knirsch <pknirsch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:39:49 +0100
John Andersen wrote:

This sounds interesting. I wonder if more momentum might be gained
by working with all those other collections in your links section to provide bi-directional cross-pollination of this information so that a report (good or bad) posted anywhere will be a) checked for duplication, b) propagated to all concerned.

The idea is basically good. I only see a bigger problem in the common data all the various collections share, which might end up being rather small due to the nature of the different focus of each project.

But as soon as we have the ball rolling enough this is definitely one thing we'll be looking into as well. Initially even just reading/importing other databases might be an idea, too.

Read ya, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch | Tel.: +49-711-96437-470
Development | Fax.: +49-711-96437-111