[opensuse] Suse 10.2 shared printer + Mac OSX
  • From: Art Fore <art.fore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:07:28 +0800
Ihave a laserjet 2300 connected to my desktop lpt0 port. I can print
with no problem from the desktop. Went to Yast, Hardware, Printers,
Other and setup to allow any machine on 192.168.1.* to access the
printer and open port in firewall. Done the ipp permissions the same.
Setup the Mac for ipp printer and select laserjet 2300 and the print
queue name the same as on the desktop. Still am not able to print from
the Mac. If I look at the print queue, it always says stopped. I can
ping the desktop from the the Mac, so there is a connection. I can also
start the printing of the file in the queue, but to still comes back
stopped.

Would appreciate any of you Mac enthusiasts to let me know how you got
it to work if of course you did, or even if you did not get it to work.

Art